Established California Estate Planning Attorneys Help You Prepare for the Future
TRUSTED FIRM ADVISES CLIENTS THROUGHOUT ORANGE COUNTY AND CALIFORNIA ON WILLS, TRUSTS, AND ESTATE PLANNING
No one knows what tomorrow may bring, but there are some events – both common and uncommon – for which you should prepare. You have worked too hard to risk your personal security or the legacy you leave, so it is wise to establish an estate plan you can count on no matter what the future holds.
Roehl & Glowacki, P.C. helps clients in Orange County and throughout California plan for the future by preparing estate planning documents setting forth last wishes that give clients confidence. No matter your circumstances, we can help you design an estate plan that fits your unique circumstances and addresses your concerns.
Skilled ATTORNEYS provide counsel for thorough estate plans
Establishing a well-thought-out estate plan allows you to provide protection for your property, finances, and medical care. A client’s priorities and goals in preparing an estate plan may include: maximizing gifting to heirs, preserving real property (whether a family home, a vacation home, a rental property, etc.), providing for children with special needs, appointing decision-makers in case you become incapable of making financial or medical choices for yourself, and so on. To address these concerns and others, you can rely on our firm to assist you in preparing a comprehensive estate plan.
Thoughtful attorneys TAILOR ESTATE PLANS TO EACH CLIENT'S INDIVIDUAL GOALS AND PRIORITIES
Each individual has different concerns and goals for the future. We work closely with you to determine your priorities and create precise instruments to carry out your intentions.
Estate plans can include instructions not only for distributing your property after you’ve passed, but also for handling decisions in the event you can no longer make them for yourself. Though it may be difficult to think about your mortality, clear and thorough plans can remove fear born of uncertainty. Our legal assistance related to estate planning includes:
- Wills — Your last will and testament provides the opportunity to distribute property, establish care for minor children and otherwise express your final wishes. A will allows you to leave property to a person or entity other than a blood relative and is administered under court supervision.
- Trusts — Trusts are flexible documents that, among other things, allow for more control over distributions and protection from the high costs of the probate process. Your assets will be managed, administered, and distributed by a successor trustee following your incapacity or death, and ultimately distributed to named beneficiaries, without court involvement. Additionally, trusts may offer distinct advantages, allowing you to minimize estate taxes and administration expenses, and efficiently distribute assets to your loved ones or to charitable institutions.
- Advance Health Care Directives — Advance Health Care Directives identify who should make your healthcare decisions for you if you are not able to make them. Advance Health Care Directives allow you to clearly articulate your preferences for medical treatment and lifesaving interventions, and may include instructions on various other matters.
- Powers of Attorney — Powers of Attorney for finance identify who should manage some of your financial affairs for you and in the event you do not have the capacity to handle these matters yourself. A Power of Attorney allows your agent to make decisions about your assets not held in trust during your lifetime.
- Property Transfer Documents — You may need documents to transfer real and personal property into your Trust. Our office will review your financial documents and assist you in determining how to appropriately title your assets based on your estate planning goals.
- Guardianships — If you have minor children, it is important to plan for their care in the event that you and their other parent pass away. While you can name a guardian in your will or separate nomination document, a court will need to appoint the guardian to serve in that capacity. Choosing a reliable, capable, and trustworthy guardian can help ensure your children grow up feeling cared for and loved – and can also help put your mind at ease.
Knowing that you have planned for the long-term well-being and financial security of your loved ones can be comforting. Our lawyers at Roehl & Glowacki, P.C. thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes and administration expenses, protecting your privacy, establishing guardianship and ensuring your wishes are carried out in the event of incapacity or death.
Contact a trusted California estate planning law firm
For comprehensive estate planning services in California, call Roehl & Glowacki, P.C. at 949-313-8174 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Laguna Hills office.